AGM Tuesday 21st October 2014, in the Tartan Lounge, Palmerston FC Stadium, 76-94 Terregles Street, Dumfries, DG2 9BA at 6.00pm
"Whether a member or still to join, we want to hear from you if you can spare some time to help us run our credit union. We are looking for people to join our Board and to help oversee the smooth running of Solway Credit Union. Remember, we are run by our members for our members. Please use "Contact Us" or give us a call to find out more."
Welcome to Solway Credit Union
Who are we?
We are the credit union for people who live in SW Scotland - from Annandale & Eskdale in the east to the Stewartry in the west.
What is a Credit Union?
A credit union is a co-operative financial institution that is owned and controlled by its members and operated for the purpose of promoting thrift, providing credit at reasonable rates - or in other words it provides a way for people to pool their money and make loans to each other.
A credit union is managed and controlled by a volunteer Board of Directors.
All directors are members of the credit union and are elected by the membership at the AGM.
Each member has one vote, regardless of the amount of their savings.
Save the easy way
You can pay into your account
- by calling in to the office in Dumfries
by posting a cheque or postal order to the office in Dumfries
- by calling in to a retailer who has a PayPoint terminal
by standing order from your bank or building society account
- by voluntary deduction from your pay
Low cost loans
- Loans cost 1% a month on the reducing balance (12.7% APR) e.g. if you borrowed £1000 over 1 year, you would repay £1067 in total.
- Loans come with no hidden charges and no penalties for early repayment. Life insurance is built in, at no cost to the borrower.
- You can repay your loan in the same ways as for depositing savings (see above).
Your eligible deposits with Solway Credit Union are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK’s deposit protection scheme. This limit is applied to the total of any deposits you have with the following: Share1, Junior Shares. Any total deposits you hold above the £85,000 limit between these brands are not covered.
Further information is available at www.fscs.org.uk.
Become a member now !
Ask for membership details
- by phoning 01387 267 200
- by emailing us using the 'Contact Us' form
- by visiting us in person
We look forward to helping you with all your enquiries.